Thursday, September 15, 2011

Getting Hitched (What Is My Name?) 218 days

Hello Bloggers,

I'm going to touch upon a tricky subject that seems to offend some folks.  In fact I've had a few people straight up ask me why I am being so disrespectful to the HTB (Hubby to be).  I have selected to keep my own last name.  HTB does not care & has joked that he will change his last name.  Then we thought of combining our 2 last names into some Frankenstein last name, which just made us laugh.  I've also thought about the hyphen.  Granted any children that come along will take HTB's last name, I don't feel it is necessary for me to change my last name.  It could be that I'm just lazy & would have to change a lot of paperwork, e-work, forms, etc.  Or it could be...........ok, it's probably the lazy factor.

So yes world....I am going to keep my last name & when the officiant announces us it will still be us as our same names, but as husband & wife.

-NB

No comments:

Post a Comment