Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Getting Hitched (Music to My Ears) 220 days

Hello Blog-Readers,

Music is important to both HTB & I.  HTB is an avid guitarist & currently he has his own guitar room with about 7 guitars & more amps than one should have unless you are a band roadie.  I'm not musically artistic, but I LOVE dancing.  I have been caught more than once at my desk at work (it's a sit-stand desk...so I alternate sitting & standing while working on my computer) dancing to some tunes.

We have a DJ...her name is Wendy...yes, it's a female (I was surprised too!).  She seems super perky & outgoing...I'm guessing those are requirements to be a DJ.  She sent a questionnaire about all the "social" dances you can do.  I am declaring this - THE CHICKEN DANCE WILL NOT BE PLAYED.  I'm sorry...but as I wrote that it got stuck in my head.  Nope, sorry...noway!  There are lots of others...Macarena, YMCA, Electric Slide...is it weird that those dances scare me  Should I feel obligated to have them played?

Wedding party music, my stroll down the aisle music, the father/daughter dance are all still up in the air.  We have decided on our first dance.  And we plan to have HTB record it...guitar rendition of a Rolling Stones song.  Can you guess which Rolling Stones song I allowed to be our first dance?  Although HTB has repeatedly asked for Honkey Tonk Women, I'm afraid that is not it!


For the Father/Daughter dance I'm leaning towards 10,000 Maniacs How You've Grown played live on guitar by HTB.  I asked one of my sisters (waiting for the other sister to agree) to sing the song live, while HTB plays.  I'm the last of the 3 sisters to get married & they are both my bridal colony aka party.  They will be my bees of honor (matrons of honor). 

What do you think about this song?  

For walking down the aisle...I've joked about hiring this guy.  Ok....I'm a little obsessed with bumble bees.  Any ideas on what to walk down the aisle to?  I'm not traditional in any sense of the word...we'll go into that later.

-NB

5 comments:

  1. This just in...2nd sister has declined singing stating she is "tone deaf". I think she is exaggerating. So I have told her she is going to rap a poem...haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I married a Polish guy and did not have the Chicken dance at our wedding. Not sure how I managed that feat. But we just decided to have swing & jazz. It was pretty low key and we had both folks my parents' age and our age strut their moves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! I did the same thing for my wedding! They did end up playing the electric slide though (to the hubby's great dismay). I say, it's your wedding don't feel obligated to do anything you don't want! Play anything you want at the reception....unless of coarse you are thinking of throwing in the Intel jingle. ;O)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Raquel - jazz seems nice & soothing. I'm thinking Sade, John Legend, Michael Buble type music for dinner to help with digestion. :) Good job on the CDS (Chicken Dance Song)...it is truly evil, like a disease.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dana - If one of my nemesis songs ends up playing, I figure I will just grab the microphone & yell "CUT!"

    ReplyDelete