Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Getting Hitched (A Return of the Planner!)

Hello Readers,

I have returned from a refreshing vacation & have a renewed sense of approach!  How did it happen?  Was there an exact moment?  (I'm sure you are all asking.)  As a matter of fact it was a moment in time that caused this shift in direction.  I was watching Kim Kardashian's wedding special & her husband (then fiance) wanted to be really involved in the planning.  I realized I hadn't ever really straight out asked HTB (Hubs to Be) if he wants to be involved in the daily details or not.

To no surprise to me, he graciously said he trusts me with all planning, but to just keep him in the loop.  Works for me!!  Now my creative juices can fly!

My dress arrived a week ago as well & I have about 4 months to lose around 10 lbs (before alterations).  Luckily soccer is starting back up as well & I'm playing on two teams, so this should help.

I also have some other great news!  One of my sisters agreed to sing to HTB playing the guitar for the father-daughter dance!  She has a beautiful voice & always sang in middle school/highschool  :)  And, my other sister is doing my wedding invitations.  She is an artist!

My main focus right now is on Save The Dates.  Since a large segment of our attendees will be coming from out of state, Save The Dates (one of my sisters requested I never refer to Save The Dates as an acronym) are necessary.    I think I found the perfect Save The Date template, let me know what you think: Cute Save The Dates!  Of course I'll not have bday info on it, but I liked the theme & non-formal-ness of it.

NB

2 comments:

  1. One of my cousins did a custom fridge magnet, about business card size. Maybe a bee/honeycomb theme with pix of you and HTB in octagons plus the relevant info? If you buy in bulk, you can probably get 25 magnets for <$10. I liked it because I didn't lose it in a stack of paper or accidentally throw it away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea Raquel. I found these: http://www.zazzle.com/save_the_date_magnet_with_bees-147741892104700656

    or

    http://www.zazzle.com/meant_to_bee_save_the_date_magnet-147997992349566536

    ReplyDelete